Sunshine Communities is, above all, home, where nursing staff supports even those with the most challenging, most complex medical needs.
We provide round-the-clock care with a warm and welcoming adaptive environment at our Maumee campus for those with special medical needs, as well as nursing support at Sunshine’s 15 family care homes and for those in supported living programs.
Our specialties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Physical deformities requiring extraordinary care for daily activities and personal care.
- Digestive needs requiring feeding tubes and other adaptive equipment.
- Respiratory conditions, including individuals with tracheotomies, and those requiring use of oxygen and/or ventilator support.
- Neurological-based dysfunctions including seizure disorders and dementia care.
- Behavioral challenges such as pica, obsessive compulsive tendencies, and self-injurious habits.
We also understand that medical conditions may contribute to behavior and emotional challenges. So Sunshine’s nursing staff works closely with other team members — medical and behavioral specialists, therapists, social workers, individuals and their loved ones – to develop plans and routines that support full and meaningful lives.